23 recorded deaths on Mindanao Quake

4096
11032019_JCB_23DeathsOnMinQuake
Photo: Rappler

At least 23 people have died in Mindanao from a series of earthquakes since October 16, officials said on Sunday.

The death toll recorded 17 deaths, listed from the province of Cotabato, according to 3rd District Board Member Joemar Cerebo.

Meanwhile, six were from Davao Region, Office of Civil Defense Regional Director Manuel Luis Ochetorena said.

Ten persons are still missing, two from Davao and 8 from Cotabato, officials reported. Rescue operations are on hold due to heavy rains, they added.

A series of quakes hit the region last month: a 6.3 magnitude jolted the land on October 16, and a 6.6 temblor on October 29, and 6.5 quake struck on October 31.

Around 35,661 families or 178,305 individuals have been affected by the quake in 200 barangays, according to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council.