DUBAI – Whether you’re going on a holiday or out of the country for a couple of days or months, be confident that your home will remain secure with Dubai Police’s free Home Security Service.
“Whether you live in a house or a villa, a break-in can permanently shatter your feeling of security at home,” its website stated.
With this, the General Department of Criminal Investigations has initiated a free security service to protect houses during the absence of their owners while away on a long vacation, by linking with Dubai Police through the internet.
Patrol cars will roam around the house until the tenants return.
To avail this free service, one must live in a villa or house.
Log on to www.dubaipolice.gov.ae and select Home Security Service.
Prior to and during the service, tenants should also have UAE ID card. He also needs to provide email address, complete address, villa number, street number.
The website will also ask the villa or house owner to register their travel dates, from when are they going to leave and arrive.
Since its inception in 2001, the service has prevented burglars from entering villas, police said.
Dubai Police has recently said that the registration for the home security program has increased by 10 percent compared to last year.
1. You must live in a villa or house in order to apply for the service.
2. Secure all entrances and window of your residence.
3. Secure wardrobes and / or the safes where you keep your valuables.
4. Deposit your money and valuables in a bank safe box.
5. Do not leave the keys to your vehicles in the key holder.
6. Inform one of your relatives or friends to, periodically; check your house while you are away.
7. Make sure that water taps are well shut and electricity switches are off.
8. Submit the details of your residence at the nearest police station. Rest assured that it would be in a safe hand.
9. Fixing monitoring cameras indoor and outdoor.